[sdiy] favorite adsr?

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Fri May 29 15:40:27 CEST 2009

Hi Dan

> so i guess i should just change my question. What are peoples favorite ADSR's to build?
My favourite ADSR is not ADSR ;-)

I found that I use ADSR's most times in two ways: either as a "peak
envelope" for sequencing (zero attack, no sustain, some decay but decay
is not stopped by the key release, which is difficult with ADSRs,
because you have to set D and R at the same value) or as "string
envelope" (some attack 100% Sustain, some release). The typical "brass
envelope", which requires all four parameters of the ADSR I use only rarely.

So my favourite envelopes are not ADSR, but switchable between ASR and
AD as in the Moog Rogue. I recently copied the Rogue envelope schemo and
drafted a pcb, but did not try it yet in reality. ->
http://fa.utfs.org/diy/a100/rogue_envelope/index.html

Florian