[sdiy] soldering with air conditioner?

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Tue May 26 16:37:19 CEST 2009

this may be a stupid question but recently the temperature went up where i live. So i decided to install an AC in the only window in my shop.

now that it is time to get some soldering done I am wondering if the AC will suck out the Solder Smoke when i Turn it on? I'd hate to have to take the AC out as it is a tiny room and gets very hot.

In theory, I thought an AC worked by sucking out Hot air in the room and replacing it with cooled outdoor air. If this is the case, I would think it would suck out the bad air.

But this may not really work in practice.

anybody else dealt with this problem?

Thanks