[sdiy] Prototype wiring pen

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:30:57 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Scott <Scott at scottwick.com> wrote:
> I've got this vero-prototype system wire pen thing.  (Sorry I can't remember the proper name for it)  It's a pen w/ a spool of some fine wire w/ some sort of insulation on it.  You use it to wrap around posts and things for quick prototype work.  When you heat the wire to solder it, it melts through the insulation in that spot.  I used it on some midibox digital projects for wiring up 100's of led's and some encoders.

They're typically called "wire wrapping" pens. Wire wrapping isn't as
popular as it used to be, but can produce very complicated and
reliable assemblies if done properly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wire_wrap

Tim (doin' the wire rap) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings