[sdiy] converting a 10v p to p to a 0-5 volt signal

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Wed May 20 21:59:06 CEST 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM, Adam Schabtach <lists at studionebula.com> wrote:
<snip>
> Clipping at 5.1V isn't really good enough, though. The Absolute Maximum
> Ratings for the ATmega microcontrollers I use specify an upper limit of
> Vcc+0.5V on any pin.
>
> --Adam
</snip>

Which means that the upper limit is +5.5V when using a 5V supply.
Limiting to 5.1V is just fine. From what I recall, a lower limit of
-0.6V should be okay too. Bascially, most logic and digital stuff is
okay with inputs within a one diode drop range of the supplies.

Tim (within one diode drop of 'normal') Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings