[sdiy] Codovox White Elephant Moog / Satellite aka GhettoMoog

Loscha loscha at gmail.com
Tue May 19 08:47:06 CEST 2009

So, I've got one.
I didn't pay anything for it.
It's cactus. Some of the bottom of it is a bit rusty, and kind of evil
looking (as shown in #12)
Missing the white plastic shell. The Moog top two layers are ok.

Has anyone tried to extract the Moog bits and make something useful.
it has all the socketed chips (matched pairs, 3080s in metal cans and whatnot).

The undersides of the Moog keyboard (the top one) seem pretty ok.
There are enough key contacts and spare keys across both keyboards to
swap around, and to make that a goable concern. Bipolar power supply
is nothing special. I have that stuff. It looks like a Satellite would
take CV/Gate without too much drama, so someone could use it as that.

I'm not going to power it up as it is, as the power supplies are dodgy
looking, and I don't want to blow up stuff, or zap myself.

 Anyone want to buy it from me? Just the Moog part? Is it worth
parting out? The filter doesn't have resonance as factory (well, the
sweeping bandpass does, not the lowpass). A lot of the sliders for the
synth part are busted.

 Any thoughts?

The images: about 3 mb worth.
www.loscha.com/images/GhettoMoog-01.jpg