[sdiy] Aaron heading to New York City

Aaron Lanterman lanterma at ece.gatech.edu
Tue May 19 08:15:46 CEST 2009

Greetings:

My wife Joyce and I are headed to New Jersey to visit her mom and then
New York so Joyce can attend a large swing dance event in memory of
Frankie Manning (it was originally going to be celebrating his 95th
birthday, but he sadly passed away last month.)

Joyce's mom will be watching our son while we're in New York, so we
will be free range parents - and Joyce will be doing dance stuff most
of the weekend, so I will be mostly left to my own devices.

Are there any SDIYers in that neck of the woods that might enjoy
meeting up to sketch circuits on napkins and stuff like that? Maybe
even let me see your creations? :)

We have a hotel near Penn Station for the nights of May 22nd to 25. We
won't have a car, so anywhere I go will need to be accessible by
public transit.

Also, we'll be in Marlton, New Jersey on the 20th and the 21st, if
anyone is around in that area. (We're flying into Philly on the 19th).

Also, any shows/venues I should be sure to check out in that time frame?

[I am sending similar notes to a few other lists I'm on, so apologies
if you get this multiple times...]

- Aaron