[sdiy] frustration

Ian Smith taciturn_unquiet at hotmail.com
Mon May 18 18:11:48 CEST 2009

Hey all,

I finally got a new bunch of chips in to replace the ones that I fried (always check that + is going to + and GND is going to GND and not vice versa....) in the protoboarded Pseudopod (that pseudo random tone generator I'm working on). I replaced the chips today and flipped the switch. Sound came out. Mind you it wasn't particularly random. And it certainly wasn't in the frequency range that I was expecting. Somewhere in my "In theory this will work" I screwed up. I changed around all the capacitors for lower values and got some sort of decent frequencies which I think are more due to the rate that the tone selectors were going and not because of the original frequency pot.

Back to the drawing board. Again.

-Ian Smith

Hotmail® goes with you. 

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list