[sdiy] how to view a quantizer staircase on a scope?

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Sun May 17 22:43:36 CEST 2009

ok

i am a bit lost as i have never done any external triggering

here is what i think i should do

1, i connect the output of the quantizer to my vco input

2. i connect the square output of the vco into the channel 2 of my scope

3. i set trig mode to channel 2

4. i plug channel A of the scope INTO the output of the LFO i am driving the quantizer with (a saw wave)

correct?????

check out various dan music at:

http://www.myspace.com/lossnyc

(updated monthly)

http://www.soundclick.com/lossnyc.htm

http://www.indie911.com/dan-snazelle

(or for techno) http://www.myspace.com/snazelle

ALSO check out Dan synth/Fx projects:

AUDIO ARK:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRpvaOcUic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIa_lXQNTA&feature=channel_page

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nJPjGgOcU&feature=channel_page

and soundtrack/design work:

NEW: check out Dan's sound design from the 1998 award winning film SAFARI by catherine chalmers

http://www.catherinechalmers.com/videos.cfm