[sdiy] SVF resonance overdrive lockup

Karl Ekdahl elektrodwarf at yahoo.se
Sun May 17 22:22:28 CEST 2009

Hi list

So i'm working on a run-off-the-mill svf with otas and i have a slight problem; if using a *lot* of resonance the filter locks up when turning the cutoff up to high frequencies - super high frequency oscillation (>30k it seems) takes over everything until i lower the cutoff to a certain point. I've tried bridging the resonance both with a high-pass filter and a diode-bridge but both cuts off the resonance to early, suppressing the (in my ears) awesome resonance at >8K or so. I was thinking a multi-pole high-pass might work, but is there a simpler way?

Thanks

Karl