[sdiy] sync on a triangle core vco?

mark verbos mverbos at earthlink.net
Sun May 17 21:12:51 CEST 2009

There are a couple choices.

1. inject a signal into the same place the comparator output is
going.  (OTA input of some kind) The Buchla 259 does this and even has
a level control to tweak how hard the sync is. Sadly, it never gets as
hard as a sawtooth sync does.

2. put a transistor around the cap and reset it to zero, like you
would a sawtooth core. This should be hard sync, but it resets to the
middle of the triangle, at the zero crossing, I don't know if that's a
problem or not.

3. You could maybe send your external signal into the comparator
input. That might allow you to reset to one of the peaks instead of to
zero. I don't know if this would work, but I see no reason why not.

Mark