[sdiy] good books on electronic music/ electronics history?

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Wed May 13 22:04:20 CEST 2009

Yeah, the Strange book is around on Rapidshare if you look for it ;-)

Another one which I photocopied from a library in the Netherlands is
"Analog Elelctronic Music Technicques (In Tape, Electronic, and
Voltage-Controlled Synthesizer Studios)" by Joel Naumann and James D.
Wagoner (Schirmer Books, 1985). Very well illustrated, and quite similar
to what I've seen so far in the Strange book (but maybe harder to come
by if you don't live in "Phillips-town" Eindhoven like I did once...) It
was my first exposure to analog synthesis stuff, and I used what I
learned from it for years in Pure Data programming before I finally got
a modular.

best!
D.

--