[sdiy] AD/DA schematics? quantizers,etc

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 16:45:44 CEST 2009

check this out:

http://experimentalistsanonymous.com/diy/Schematics/Fuzz%20and%20Fuzzy%20Noisemakers/Digital%20fuzz.bmp

i was going to try and build it as it uses an ADC0808 but he only labels pins up to 20!....so now i dont know if he just didnt touch pins 21-28 or if i have a totally different chip

this is all very confusing!

i found another schematic that uses an ADC0804 for the input and it seems VERY different than an adc0808 in that it only has a + and a - input instead of 8 multiplexed inputs.

in general are the ADC08xxx chips pretty easy to switch for another one in the series? or do i need to just go out and order the ADC0804 if thats what it calls for?

can anyone recommend a good book on AD/DA converters?

thanks

check out various dan music at:

http://www.myspace.com/lossnyc

(updated monthly)

http://www.soundclick.com/lossnyc.htm

http://www.indie911.com/dan-snazelle

(or for techno) http://www.myspace.com/snazelle

ALSO check out Dan synth/Fx projects:

AUDIO ARK:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRpvaOcUic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIa_lXQNTA&feature=channel_page

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nJPjGgOcU&feature=channel_page

and soundtrack/design work:

NEW: check out Dan's sound design from the 1998 award winning film SAFARI by catherine chalmers

http://www.catherinechalmers.com/videos.cfm