[sdiy] AD/DA schematics? quantizers,etc

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Wed May 13 14:43:30 CEST 2009

well i got my AD/DA chips in the mail yesterday

i bought 5 each of:

DAC0808lcn

and

ADC0808CCN

now...what i cant find much of are schematics that use these family of chips.

i know they were used in many older projects though or maybe even old commercial designs?

my first problem is figuring out HOW to even go about hooking them up in a useful configuration.

my second question is what do i need to to do when i am trying to make a quantizer...is it just converting A to D and D to A in a small enough amount of steps that it comes out stepped in notes? i know how to make an R2R from parts and isnt it similar? i think i will get out the art of electronics to see what it says on the whole matter.

i am really trying at first to make:

a sample rate reducer or crusher

and a
quantizer

BUT i would love to try or check out ANY other schematics that use AD/DA converters to mess with AUDIO or CV.

thanks