[sdiy] good books on electronic music/ electronics history?

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Tue May 12 17:19:14 CEST 2009

so i got the book by roland's founder today (i believe in music)

it has made me want to get more books like this as something fun to read but also related
to synth diy and electronics.

so i was wondering if any other engineers or inventors or historians have written books
on Synths or drum machines or electronics related to music,etc but hopefully at a level that is NOT just written for a non technical audience.

have you read any books like this that you could recommend?

i read analog days this summer and that was good, and in the past i have read lots of books on
music criticism,etc. But i dont know where to start looking for good synth diy or electronic music books that are more than just primers on WHAT IS ELECTRONIC MUSIC?

it sure would be nice if somebody like moog had written a book. maybe buchla will?

anyway...any advice on books highly appreciated!!

thanks!!

check out various dan music at:

http://www.myspace.com/lossnyc

(updated monthly)

http://www.soundclick.com/lossnyc.htm

http://www.indie911.com/dan-snazelle

(or for techno) http://www.myspace.com/snazelle

ALSO check out Dan synth/Fx projects:

AUDIO ARK:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJRpvaOcUic

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqIa_lXQNTA&feature=channel_page

www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nJPjGgOcU&feature=channel_page

and soundtrack/design work:

NEW: check out Dan's sound design from the 1998 award winning film SAFARI by catherine chalmers

http://www.catherinechalmers.com/videos.cfm