[sdiy] My Envelope Generator Design

Tim Parkhurst tim.parkhurst at gmail.com
Sat May 9 02:19:17 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 2:55 PM, Stewart Pye <stewpye at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forgot to name the pots...
>
> A  VR1
> D  VR2
> S  VR3
> R  VR4
>
> I was thinking about taking out the first two inverters after the gate
> transistor and putting them in parallel with the attack drive inverter to
> provide more current for a faster attack. Would this achieve anything?
>
> Cheers,
> Stew.

Hi Stewart,

It looks like it should work, although I'd have to say I haven't
followed the logic all the way through. Still, looks like you've got
the basics here. Paralleling the attack drive inverters should give
you more current capability, but you could also get a faster attack by
using a slightly smaller cap. What I'd recommend is doing the inverter
trick AND using 1Meg pots, which should give you a wider range of
adjustment. I'd also use CMOS inverters (40106) instead of the 74HC
versions you've shown, as they'll work with a wider range of supply
voltages, and have a bigger output swing.

Otherwise, I'd say breadboard that sucker and see what happens. ;-)

Tim (also has a big swing) Servo
--
"Sire, the church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers."
- H.L. Hastings