[sdiy] CV from soundcard

Bruce Duncan modcan at sympatico.ca
Fri May 8 19:19:14 CEST 2009

I think the real benefit from Volta will be the ability to use
modulation like software envelopes and LFOs
without the stepping you would get with slow midi data rates.
Being able to design sequencers and other elaborate modulation
controllers in Reaktor or Max could be a very flexible
method of controlling a modular synth.
Much of the time pitch tracking accuracy is not the primary objective
when patching a modular.
If we're doing it right it's usually the contour or shape of the
sound we are after.

Not trying to downplay the benefits of a high quality Midi 2 CV
converter with good INL DAC. I do make one after all.

Bruce