[sdiy] help finding roland filter schematics?

Oakley Sound oakleylist at btinternet.com
Fri May 8 11:02:20 CEST 2009

 > how does the diode sound compared to the transistor? is it much of a
difference?

Yes there is a difference. The diode ladder is noisier, CV breakthrough
is higher, and there is a characteristic buzziness in the sound. Hard to
describe but the TB303 has a diode ladder, as has the System-101 and SH-5.

I changed my diode ladder in my SH-2000 to a transistor one with a
decent buffer too. Out of interest mainly but also in a quest to reduce
CV breakthrough. But it did change the sound of the instrument. Most of
the preset sounds were now more realistic, less electronic sounding, to
my ears when I did this - except for the flute. And the flute was one of
my favourite presets.

Tony

www.oakleysound.com