[sdiy] Totally cool new project to check out at MFOS.

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Fri May 8 00:19:48 CEST 2009

----- Original Message -----From: "Ian Smith"
>I love the fact that there's three VCOs and two LFOs. I think that will
>really
>boost the potential of the SoundLab. I am rather confused by there still
>being only one AR generator.
>I would think that with the redesign and the aditional oscillators it
>wouldn't be too hard to squeeze
>in an extra envelope generator.

In a studio setup, as opposed to stand-alone, I think I would much rather
have a couple
of envelope followers than ADSRs.
Most people have lots of audio sources, analog or digital, generated or
sampled, with envelopes far more
interesting than the average ADSR.
And they take very little space.
In fact, if I had to choose, it would be envelope followers rather than an
ADSR.

But in any case the whole MFOS project is fantastic - I expect it has got a
lot of people into DIY analog,
and that has to be a Good Thing. Nice one, Ray!

paul perry Melbourne Australia