[sdiy] modern AD/DA chips?

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Wed May 6 21:43:52 CEST 2009

xyzzy at sysabend.org wrote:
>On Wed, May 06, 2009 at 11:30:06AM -0700, Scott Gravenhorst wrote:
>> >No, they arn't bad.  Yes, they are probably close enough for most things.
>> >No, they arn't close enough for some things I've tried.
>>
>> Can you give us some details about the things that didn't work?
>
>I was trying to take 6 VCOs gradually in and out of unison in a controlled
>fashion.  Thus two Paia's in 4 and 2 voice mode. ( all I have for Midi >1
>voice right now ).
>
>At the high end of the scale, it was not repeatable, errors of a few
>hundredths were insanely noticable.

Ah, yeah, that would happen.

Do you know of a DAC (irrespective of it's price) that would be satisfactory?

-- ScottG
-- Scott Gravenhorst
-- FPGA MIDI Synthesizer Information: home1.gte.net/res0658s/FPGA_synth/
-- FatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/fatman/
-- NonFatMan: home1.gte.net/res0658s/electronics/