[sdiy] MIDI State Machine diagram - please comment

johnspeth at yahoo.com johnspeth at yahoo.com
Wed May 6 18:46:57 CEST 2009

> After a quick look at it, I think it's okay - however, you'd need to
> return back to the Unknown status if you got an unknown command.
> Otherwise you'd treat pitch bend values as notes.

Yes, you're right for the SYSEX exit case.  The NOTE-ON and NOTE-OFF status states have an exit for unknown status bytes with the "Rcvd neither ..." events.  I forgot to add a "Rcvd neither" exit for SYSEX.

I think it will make sense to encapsulate the NOTE-ON and NOTE-OFF status states in a Not SYSEX parent state.  That will cut down on the spagetti.

JJS