[sdiy] modern AD/DA chips?

Tom Arnold xyzzy at sysabend.org
Wed May 6 00:43:32 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 05, 2009 at 11:19:55PM +0100, Tom Wiltshire wrote:
> You don't say exactly *how* you're going to be using these, but I'm
> guessing that you're not wanting to connect them to a microprocessor.
> For that, there are lots of good audio codecs that do both A/D and D/
> A on one chip. These usually talk to a processor via a serial link of
> some kind. I2S is a common one, SPI is another.

You say there are lots of Audio combo ADC/DAC's, are there any decent
precision ADC/DAC chips?  The only stuff I've found has been very "audio" (
Max INL of 16 if you're *lucky* ).

What I'd love in a perfect world is an Analog Devices ADUC7026 with an Atmel
core, or an Arduino port to ARM7, but I'll settle for a good ADC/DAC combo
to hang off an Arduino controller...

 - Tom Arnold       -  Free Synth DIY webspace http://www.sdiy.org
 - SynthGeek        -
 - BBD Fanatic      -  "...is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?"
 - echo evho wjxo   -    Juanita Shrugs. "What's the difference?"