[sdiy] DIY Polysynths

Antti Huovilainen ajhuovil at cc.hut.fi
Wed Jul 29 18:45:56 CEST 2009

On Wed, 29 Jul 2009, thx1138 wrote:

> SoundBite board was designed to be as low-cost possible due to University
> support program requests.

Fair enough. I can understand leaving out the external ram interface, but
surely SPI/I2C header wouldn't have cost that much?

Back when I moonlighted as a teaching assistant (beside my day job there)
for HUT audio dsp course, we wished the boards had had a few
potentiometers and numerical / lcd display. That should be easy enough to
add via SPI header. And cheap? - no need for fancy box, just provide pcb
mounted pots & lcd & something to control & read said things.
Tuning parameters and especially demoing them at end of course was always
quite painful because of the very limited interface.

Antti

"No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow"
   -- Lt. Cmdr. Ivanova