[sdiy] Simple digital ADSR?

Scott Nordlund gsn10 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 28 18:10:30 CEST 2009

Thanks (also to others who suggested the same).  I knew I had seen something like that but didn't remember exactly where.

The daydream is to add some features to a Siel DK 600.  It's a slippery slope though.  Stereo outputs and various CV ins would be pretty simple, but the polyphonic stuff gets a little more involved.  X-OR "ring mod" wouldn't be too difficult, and maybe sub oscillators.  A triangle wave might be nice.  Filter FM is always useful.  And there's a lot of potentially interesting low level stuff to play with on the DCOs.  Of course what it really needs is a second envelope...

I realize this quickly becomes insane.  The conception and design aren't difficult, and that's really the problem.  The implementation is where it turns into a nightmare.  And it's a Siel so it's already a reliability time bomb.

Still, the PIC envelope looks pretty convenient for something like this.