[sdiy] Great weekend in Cambridge

Colin f colin at colinfraser.com
Mon Jul 20 23:27:44 CEST 2009

> I'm very intrigued about this P3 sequencer, which I'd never
> heard of before.
> I see from the Sequentix website that the P3 is no longer
> available as a
> built unit or as a kit.  However, all the schematics are available.

The P3 CPU is unobtanium. Although the makers still list it as an active
part, since it moved to lead-free, I've never seen it available in small
quantities (i.e. less than thousands)
The follow up to P3, Cirklon, was at Synth DIY, but no-one seems to have a
photo of it there.
That wont be available to DIY though. No matter how many people might tell
you hand-soldering a 144-pin 0.5mm pitch TQFP is possible, I dont think
there would be many takers for a kit that required you to get it right first
time.

Cheers,
Colin f