[sdiy] 808 drums...how they work?

Stewart Pye stewpye at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jul 14 23:22:21 CEST 2009

Hi Dan,

The pdf service manual  should be easy to find in a google search. It is
very descriptive.
The  bass drum circuit will  show you how to get longer decays and pitch
sweep. The toms will show you how to add a tuning control.
 From what I recall, if you want to trigger the drum sounds using an
external trigger you can eliminate the trigger and accent transistors at
the front of each circuit and feed a positive going pulse in. Something
like the Midi to SDS would be good for this.

Cheers,
Stewart.