[sdiy] 8x8 switching matrix

Derek Holzer derek at umatic.nl
Tue Jul 14 11:07:51 CEST 2009

Another question about the MT8808, actually it's a couple of questions
but since they both relate to input voltage they are probably the same:

1) "12Vpp analog signal capability": if my system is +/-15v, I know it's
unlikely that a module will send out a rail-to-rail signal, but how
could I protect the CMOS just in case it did?

2) The cross-talk is directly related to the peak-to-peak voltage of the
system. Would people recommend padding/scaling down the input voltage
before it goes through the IC and then adding gain afterwards to reduce
the cross-talk (at the expense of added noise and possibly
distortion/imprecision of the signal)? If so, could anyone point to a
circuit which demonstrates this (simple op-amp stuff I guess)?

Thx+best!
Derek

--
::: derek holzer ::: http://blog.myspace.com/macumbista :::