[sdiy] For breadboard lovers...

Scott Gravenhorst music.maker at gte.net
Thu Jul 9 16:00:05 CEST 2009

"Jerry Gray-Eskue" <jerryge at cableone.net> wrote:
>I just stumbled across some more cool stuff for Breadboards;
>
>http://www.curiousinventor.com/store/category/28
>
>Power Supply, Midi In and Out ports, an Audio Jack, and some other cool
>stuff at reasonable prices.

While these look pretty cool, I wonder how mechanically robust they are being
plugged into an SBB - seems to me that these connectors could come out of the board
easily if the cable is tugged just enough (which can happen inadvertently).  The
reason I mention this is that I've already had this happen using small cable adapter
boards plugged into 6 pin "Digilent ports" found on some FGPA development boards.
This is not to say it doesn't work, but that one must be vigilant and careful.