[sdiy] Vco for BBD clock generation

Loscha loscha at gmail.com
Mon May 19 02:40:32 CEST 2008

http://www.flickr.com/photos/loscha/2503124435/

As the description in Flickr explains,
"Circuit for using a CD4046 PLL to generate a voltage controlled BBD
complimentary phase clock! I found this ripped out page on it's own in
a stack of magazines I purchased Yesterday; Sunday 18th of May, 2008.
The previous owner was interested in the other side (some notes on
there in pencil).
 Thanks to Hugo Bramall of Canterbury, Victoria who came up with the
circuit and sent it ETI magazine in the first place!"

 The circuit is pretty low parts count. An op-amp (they suggest LM301
in the circuit) and a CD4046 PLL. A few resistors, capacitors and a
trimmer pot fill out the plan.

I hope someone out there finds this useful, interesting or at least novel.