[sdiy] SH1000 problems..envelope

Bob Weigel sounddoctorin at imt.net
Sat May 17 21:03:19 CEST 2008

What a peculiar circuit...lots of transistors interacting and poorly
labelled stuff on diagrams so you have to play wire tracing games on the
big diagram.  It burned me up last night til too late.  DOES ANYONE
know...if this is 'normal'.  This SH1000 has a variation in the baseline
voltages on the envelope sliders (there is a common leg on the A, D and
R) depending on whether various VCA tabs are selected.  If NO VCA tabs
are selected then the voltage is so shifted on mine that there is no VCF
eg control even though that tab is selected.  However the growl and wow
function.  Does anyone know if this is supposed to be for some bizarre
reason?  There are too many possibilities still in my mind as to what
might be causing this.  ALSO the attack time seems kinda short.  I tried
swapping the middle board AR-1 with another unit we are scrapping and it
was worse not better. -Bob