[sdiy] Mysterious transistor on one of the ASM-1 VCO versions

Gene Stopp gene at ixiacom.com
Fri May 2 19:41:32 CEST 2008

Oh yah, the minimoog had 3 major versions:

Version 1:

Metal front panel
Small lettering
Full markings around all control knobs
Clear wheels
All transistors, not a single chip in there

Version 2:

Plastic front panel
Large lettering
Partial markings around the knobs (saving on ink?)
Smooth white wheels
Newer VCO card with 3046 expos and tempcos

Version 3:

Plastic front panel
Large lettering Partial markings around the knobs
Ribbed white wheels
Newest VC0 card with heated 726 expos

They all have their little quirks, sound-wise.

- Gene