[sdiy] waldorf pulse knob (and pot) source?

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Thu Feb 28 00:40:08 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 18:20, Julian wrote:
> hello,
>
> my friend has just bought himself a waldorf pulse, and, as per normal, it
> ends up here as its got somthing wrong with it...
>
> at some point, someone broke one of the pot shafts, and, in the process of
> trying to fix it, poured glue inside, not only sticking the knob to the pot
> itself, but filling up the workings of the pot (rendering it somewhat
> useless), and even sticking the pot to the pcb! ; )
>
> anyway, the pot and knob probably both need replacing.  im not even sure if
> drilling out the knob would be ideal, as i think theyre D-shaft.
>

> the hard bit is probably the knob.  anyone got any ideas?
>
> the pots look as if theyre alps or somthing, but if anyone could confirm
> that as well, id be gratefull?

Ouch...

Been there, and encountered that situation before!

What kind of glue did they use?

It *might* be possible to get the broken bit of shaft out of the knob,  using
the point of a scriber,  which I've had some success doing in the past,  once
you get the glue out of the way.  If it's some type of glue that's soaked the
whole way down in,  then you're not going to have much luck with that.

Last time I encountered this was with a Tapco mixer,  I think.  :-)

-
M Dakin