[sdiy] how to best learn the trade

Paul Perry pfperry at melbpc.org.au
Tue Feb 19 23:45:10 CET 2008

I always use stripboard.

1. It means you don't have to worry about whether the connections to the
breadboard are good.

2. and when it works, you actually have a chunk of circuit ready to run!

The other thing is, I'm pretty clumsy - I can't drive a car for example - so
when I drop the circuit on the floor, there is no harm done, seeing as
everything is actually soldered.
And it's pretty handy, having various finished circuits sitting around on
stripboard.

If I had 20 or 30 more IQ points, I'd use pad per hole board, you can make
this a lot denser - but I can't keep track of where anything is on it, so...

Paul perry Melbourne Australia