How to use OpAmps book recommendation ( was [sdiy] ebay resistors recommendations for values and quantity )

Tom Arnold xyzzy at sysabend.org
Sun Feb 17 19:16:47 CET 2008

On Sun, Feb 17, 2008 at 09:56:19AM -0600, Jack Kevorkian wrote:
> could anyone suggest a good book on the subject of operational
> amplifiers?  I need to know why my oscillator circuit attempts
> continue to fail.  Do I need to use resistors with tighter tolerences?
>  Are "lead lengths" an issue with op-amp circuits?  Should I abandon
> the 741 altogether, and use TL081s?  I wonder if I should just stick
> with circuits that employ positive/negative voltages?  I suspect that
> I need literature beyond a pin-out sheet.

I'd suggest *starting* with 2 books:
http://www.amazon.com/Op-Amp-Cookbook-3rd-Walter-Jung/dp/0138896011

and
http://www.amazon.com/Amp-Applications-Handbook-Analog-Devices/dp/0750678445

but if you are looking for more basic electronics questions, maybe
http://www.amazon.com/Art-Electronics-Paul-Horowitz/dp/0521370957

Is a better starting point?

I'm sure there will be lots of opinions on this.

 - Tom Arnold       -  Free Synth DIY webspace http://www.sdiy.org
 - SynthGeek        -
 - BBD Fanatic      -  "...is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?"
 - echo evho wjxo   -    Juanita Shrugs. "What's the difference?"