[sdiy] RANE MP24Z

Dave Magnuson resonant at hoohahrecords.com
Tue Feb 12 01:54:58 CET 2008

Hi Nathan,

I think by saying "hard solder problem" they're meaning brittle or "cold"
joints.    If this is the case, I'd personally retouch ALL solder
connections on the entire mixer.   It sounds like a ton of work, but will
probably only take an hour or less.  Just reheat each joint and dab a small
amount of fresh solder on it.

It's totally possible to test the board and retouch only the bad
connections... but others will be likely to fail in the future...  which is
why I usually repair the whole board at once.

Personally I think Radioshack solder really sucks... I'd find something
better if possible.   Remember that something soldered with lead-based
solder must be touched up with lead-based solder (lead-free ROHS will be
problematic).   I'm not saying Radio Shack solder "wont" work... but I just
don't like it.

Dave Magnuson