[sdiy] Keyboard Encoder Experiments...

mike ruberto somnium7 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:27:07 CET 2008

Jim,

you may be opening a giant can of worms with the LVDTs. They are used
as throttle position sensors in certain Navy jet fighters and are very
difficult to calibrate. Mostly this is due to the highly temperature
dependent nature of the device. Often while calibrating these I would
need to begin the procedure all over again simply because somebody
walked past the test bench.

Oh and don't drop them on the floor!

M. A. Ruberto