[sdiy] Error on the SoundBite board!

Tom Farrand mbedtom at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:05:42 CET 2008

Eric,

For resistor and other SMT parts, check out www.smtzone.com to see
what they have.  For Xmas I asked for an 0805 resistor kit and got it.
 In my opinion, these are very nice kits.  I was of a mind that said
to not screw around with individual parts and just get the assortment.
 I also picked up an empty case like the resistor and cap assortments
come in, to use for storage of SMT parts that I buy from Digikey and
Mouser.  These are nice boxes and store a ton of parts in a very small
footprint.  There are a pair of anti-skid "feet" on the bottom which
helps to ensure they don't easily get knocked over.

Of course you need tweezers to realistically extract the parts from
the tiny wells in which the parts sit, but if doing any SMT work you
already have a set.  (I have no connection with smtzone, I just like
their resistor kits.)  Santa brought me the R08E48-100 kit for Xmas.

Peace.
Tom Farrand