[sdiy] Capacitor identification

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Sat Feb 2 15:28:16 CET 2008

This is indeed a 47nF (0.047uF) rated at 125vac.

The purpose of it is to cut down EMI's and any
noise on the power line.
Just put back a cap with the same 0.047uF value
but with a 250vac minimum voltage rating.
X2 type caps (flame proof type) work best for this purpose
but are not necessary.
This should do the trick along with the new transformer.
(Be sure the new transformer as the same secondary voltage value +-10%)
Hope this helps.
JP