[sdiy] Tube!

Ian Smith taciturn_unquiet at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 2 03:17:53 CEST 2008

> sounds great, Ian!
> How about driving it harder/hard to get it into saturation? (as an
> option of course).
> This would probably add a pot to it.

Cool... I think maybe a solid-state gain stage before the actual tube
circuit might do it.

> I looked for previous postings about this - what tube is it and what
> voltages do you need for it?
> (since you mentioned "MOTM").

It's a 12AE7... one of those space-charged tubes developed for car
stereos, so it runs off of +12V for both plate and heaters. So, to use
it with an actual MOTM setup, you'd have to use a LM7812 to bring the
voltage down a bit.

-Ian