[sdiy] 1 Meg input level pots?

Andre Majorel aym-htnys at teaser.fr
Sat May 19 11:00:12 CEST 2007

On 2007-05-18 23:57 -0700, JAMES GALLANT wrote:

> A while back I bought several very high quality 1 Meg linear
> panel mount pots for way-mass-cheap. [...] perhaps you could
> offer some pointers as to what they could be used for in an
> analog application.

The CGS03 Psycho LFO uses one in the feedback loop of a Schmitt
trigger for rate.

The CGS21 "Super Psycho Modulation Source" uses six in the same
fashion.

Oakley Little LFO uses one to "pan" between two outputs of an
analogue switch for the shape control.

Some circuits also use 1 M log pots :

- The Oakley ADSR VCA uses three as variable resistors for attack,
  decay and release.

- The Oakley Little lag uses two as variable resistors for the up
  and down slopes.

- The Oakley Little EG uses two as variable resistors for attack
  and decay/release.

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
Do not use this account for regular correspondence.