SV: RE: [sdiy] Multiple Voltage Power Supply / design problem!

Roy J. Tellason rtellason at verizon.net
Wed May 16 20:17:42 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 16 May 2007 13:27, Colin Hinz wrote:
>  On Tue May 15 23:31 , "Roy J. Tellason"  sent:
> >I had *one* UPS that wanted a total of _ten_ small batteries for
> > replacement, as compared with typically one or two in the rest of the
> > ones that I've encountered.
> >
> >Too bad I can't seem to find any switchers which will accept a
> > lower-voltage DC input.
>
> Roy,
>
> "Lower-voltage" means how low? And what sort of outputs are you needing.

No immediate needs,  instability of circumstances here precludes me getting
much going in the way of construction projects,  but it'd be neat to be able
to run things off 12V batteries or automotive power in general.

Instead most of the switchers I run across seem to want line voltage or double
that.

I know there are power supplies available which are designed to run off a car
for example,  but you gotta *buy* those,  and...

-
M Dakin