[sdiy] Noisy transformers and faraday cages

Altitude altitude at optrand.com
Thu May 10 18:20:58 CEST 2007

I am wrapping up my 9090 drum synth and am wondering what would be the best
way to provide some shielding to my fairly electrically noisy transformer
(Hammond 30V CT @ 500mA).  The way the outputs are set up is that there is
no real way to avoid running audio leads by the transformer and the noise
goes down when the I move the leads away (the primary side is the worse) and
I am using shielded audio cable.  Would putting up a mesh or steel box
around the transformer help in reigning in the noise? Any other
recommendations?

Cheers,
Raph

"Setting the RESONANCE to high level might prove interesting" - Roland
SH-101 Manual

www.no-ho.com
www.teknatural.com