[sdiy] Matrix 1000 repair, unexpected hack

David Brown davebr at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 06:14:09 CEST 2007

Pin 14 of U808 is also 'pulse'.  U808 is an interrupt timer.  One
'guess' might be the unconnected wire went to pin 24 of U809 at one
time.  If pad 24 is ground, perhaps this was a PCB layout error and
hence the lifted pin and wire.  Why it is cut, though, is still a
mystery.  'mute' is just a general purpose output pin from a latch on
the processor.

I might have it backwards, but doesn't CTS-0 need to be grounded for
MIDI out to work?  MIDI output for the M-1000 is used for dumping
patches and group mode so you wouldn't notice it for general usage.

Have you tried a  re-initialization? (power up with enter button pressed)

I might also try a calibration? (Ext Fn 7 enter, select test 0 enter)

Dave