[sdiy] Question on using EAGLE for Front panel designs

jays at aracnet.com jays at aracnet.com
Wed Jul 25 20:56:51 CEST 2007

TR,

Haven't played with Eagle for quite a while now.

I use some sort of CAD/graphics program to do panel stuff. tinyCad, AutoSketch, FrontPanelDesigner (FPD) for Front Panel Express or Publisher. If you're running a form of Windows you might try tinyCad it's freeware.

FPD can take HPGL files so I wrote some code that generates ticks in HPGL format. (No the code is not available since it was done for the company I contract too.) That seems to work and cuts down on the cost of the panels since HPGL files seem to be treated as a single 'symbol' and not a bunch of lines.

Jay S.