[sdiy] Fully assignable sequencer

Sam Ecoff secoff at execpc.com
Tue Jul 10 18:14:54 CEST 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 11:03 AM, Scott wrote:

> WTF!
> If you can't set the pitch of an osc, what good is it???

It's output is available as CV and as MIDI, so I just devoted one
channel of my Kenton MIDI to CV converter to the MAQ. It works very
nicely like that. I agree with you, though... why bother with the CV
outputs if they don't track. Oh well....

> I've been researching sequencers for the past couple of weeks, and it
> looks like I am going to go w/ the CGS products.   The main reason is
> that I'd like pre made PCB's, and to still have a lot of customization
> ability.

I have a CGS sequential switch and a Blacet mini wave which can do
quantization. This combination works well, but you're limited to 8
steps.

> Actually, I'm afraid I won't be able to reliably set the pitch w/ the
> CGS sequencer, etiher.  Seems like a fine tune might be needed.. Or a
> quantizer.

Kind regards,

Sam E.