[sdiy] LDR decay time (was "2SA798 data")

harrybissell harrybissell at prodigy.net
Thu Apr 29 04:21:15 CEST 2004

Watch those data sheets....

the decay time is specified to some nominal resistance... usually 100K.
You will
probably find that gives a very OPTIMISTIC impression of the actual
time... which
is probably 5-10 times longer than that.

Don't use vactrols if you don't want / can't stand a slow decay time.
Or use them in
shunt mode where you turn them ON to attenuate.

Makes nice phasers, though. I suggest maybe a DIY-buy of these from
Clairex.  Who might
be interested ???  (min order is like $500 which would buy about 1,400
pieces - that is a little
out of my lifetime buy plans. I suppose I could try living longer :^)

H^) harry