[sdiy] Best way to get +5 from +-12

Neil Johnson nej22 at hermes.cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 27 22:45:10 CET 2003

> I have a similar question that could be :
> best way to get +3V from +5V ?

I'd use a LDO (low drop-out) regulator, such as Maxim MAX603 (3.3V

If power consumption is an issue then use a switching regulator---for low
powers you can make them really small, with a miniature inductor.  Just
follow the data sheet examples (Linear Tech are good for those).


Neil Johnson :: Computer Laboratory :: University of Cambridge ::
http://www.njohnson.co.uk          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~nej22
----  IEE Cambridge Branch: http://www.iee-cambridge.org.uk  ----

More information about the Synth-diy mailing list