[sdiy] Timbral musings

ASSI Stromeko at compuserve.de
Tue Feb 18 20:31:55 CET 2003

On Monday 17 February 2003 22:12, ASSI wrote:
> Simply using a sine
> oscillator for fundamental, third, fifth (these two possibly
> together) and fourth and modulating the relative levels into an
> overdrive already gives quite nice effects.

Experiment wins over argument: I just did exactly what I proposed on my
Q. The Q also has what is called Hermode tuning, which allows one to go
from equal tempered to pure intervals and anywhere inbetween. Tempered
has beating, just as one would expect. It is not exactly unpleasant,
but... going to pure intervals or just slightly tempered for a very
slow beating is so unspeakably nice. To quote from the CD "Beethoven on
the Temperaments" (Gasparo Records #332): "This CD contains pure
intervals which may be habit forming!"

Achim.
-- +<[ Q+ & Matrix-12 & WAVE#46 & microQkb Omega sonic heaven ]>+ --

ForumThree Q and microQ Soundset:
http://homepages.compuserve.de/Stromeko/sounds/ForumThree_Q.zip
http://homepages.compuserve.de/Stromeko/sounds/ForumThree_uQ.zip