[sdiy] Timbral musings

Ian Fritz ijfritz at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 17 15:51:04 CET 2003

Hi Paul --

Let's see if I follow what you are saying.  You mean that as a waveform is
changed dynamically by a shaper that the harmonics change in amplitude but
not in phase? I must admit  I never even thought about that.  Certainly,
when you sweep a filter there are strong phase changes.  Maybe this is part
of why filter sweeps are "stronger" than shaper sweeps.

   Ian