[sdiy] Custom faceplates

Peter Grenader petergrenader at mksound.com
Fri Feb 14 09:23:40 CET 2003

Gents and ladies,

I've mentioned from time to time the luck I've had with the service bureau I
use for my anodized faceplates: Photo-Graphics, Inc. in Grandview, MO.

I just got some new ones in and I couldn't help but upload one of the many
they delivered in this run for a total cost of $151.00 for as much as you
can fit onto a 22 x 12 panel (it's .062 brushed aluminum with black anodized
legends from my provided art.)

go here:

http://www.buzzclick-music.com/plate.jpg

Please excuse the sheety-ness of the photo - it was taken with our digital
camera from wrok from 10 feet away.

This is how i get them.  They will also drill the holes, but I do not feel I
have the s/w required to give accurate measurements form a single datum, so
I've always elected to do the drilling myself.

I received them 7 work days after they got the art.  not bad, not bad at
all. In this order I got two panels about this size, two 12  HP wide module
panels, one 8HP wide faceplate, all screened and a slew of cut blank panels
for future experiments (ohhhhHHHHhhhhhh expair-eeee-ments...)

Please note how i was able to trim a good 1/2 inch off the width of the
Blacet Miniwaves.

If anyone is interested, their number is 816 761 3333

highly recommended.

- Peter