[sdiy] Re: linear FM

Barry Klein Barry.L.Klein at wdc.com
Thu Feb 6 21:04:05 CET 2003

It's kinda funny that you rarely see discussed how people program their
modulars - what mods or new modules they'd like to see, and how some unique
module features are used.  Peter's short discussion on sequencers was
enlightening for many of us I bet.  I'd like to see more of this kind of
thing.

Back in the EN days Bernie had the "EN Tape" thing going where we would
either buy or pass on to others one at a time a 1/4" reel to reel tape of
new design sounds etc.  Now with the Internet, MP3 files make this an
instant sharing and education process.  Just want to encourage those of you
to keep up sharing these sound samples on your sites!

Many of us AREN'T musicians so we don't know what the musicians really want
in the designs.  But remember, Leo Fender did pretty well without being a
musician - he listened to input from them.

Barry